Skip to main content

One for the Books

 While zipping up my luggage in the morning of Saturday (Oct 7), prepping for my evening flight back to Manila, we're all waiting for breakfast, and before we jump in the bus for that one last BBQ fellowship with all the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ) Feast volunteers, a sudden sound of wailing sirens and bombing from afar stopped us, then a loud cry requesting us to run to the nearest bomb shelter! All of us in the hotel felt perplexed and surprised thinking what’s really happening! But what surely amazes me was despite of that announcement, I NEVER felt fear, what was on my mind was the safety of everybody, I powerfully sensed the comfort of the Holy Spirit as He gave me presence of mind and the will to worship with those who are with me no matter what's going on. As everyone inside the bomb shelter started praying & singing, we could somehow hear the raging helicopters and rockets flying above us, then we learned that Israel was caught completely off guard by a surprise attack from Gaza as they fired 3,000+ rockets into Israel while terrorists infiltrated by boat, car, and paragliders across the border.  We were just altogether with my fellow volunteers from different nations and friends the night before for the Global prayer gathering for Israel and celebrating the end of Sukkot and surprised as we woke to a state of emergency- that later on leads to war. I firsthand experienced the kindness and love of the Israelis during Jerusalem March that week, and I truly fell in love with the country as I sensed this unfathomable mixture of joy, peace and awe while walking in those Holy sites. Hence, its heartbreaking for me to leave knowing that there are some people I've met and befriend with who are now fighting in the army just to redeem the peace & freedom on which I witnessed when I arrive. Let's pray without ceasing for Israel! Praying this won’t take long as there’s many innocent lives that has been badly affected. 🙏🏽

"God is known in Judah; His name is great in Israel. His tabernacle is in Salem; His dwelling place also is in Zion. There He broke the flaming arrows, The shield, the sword, and the weapons of war. -Selah" Psalm 76:1-3

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Not Nails

Sea of Galilee O pinions on fake news is getting worse, misinformation in social media rapidly circulates.  People are excessively concern of themselves and malicious comments are trending online. I've sensed so much hate, I've heard a lot of demands. This brought me to pause and dropped my phone and shut it off. I'm done praying when I grabbed my Bible to read.  The Holy Spirit took me to 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 and it recites the verses of love. I can always read this passage again and again because the word love is so rich and true. Words can't express enough, totally powerful, ineffable. He illuminates verse 7, "Love never gives up, and its faith, hope and patience never fail." Love perfectly describes as eternal. Spurgeon once preached, "God is a sun that never sets." Indeed, the picture of the Cross is the best demonstration of love and truth, because it is love, not nails, what held Jesus on that cross and His love surpassed death because it doe

(Yhwh) our God Cannot Lie

Trying to take my mind off any racing thoughts. But it doesn't work, still wide awake. I realized it's already midnight, so I tend to pray again a little, return to bed. Staring at the dark ceiling, toss and turn, then noticed it's been already an hour since I last checked the time.       Thinking of something deep, seeking God for clear answers about matters of heart.  Asking him like, "really Lord, you said yes, and this is for real?.... But why it seemed I don't see any signs?", "Did I heard you right ?"  or "Am I only getting impatient?..." Then it is even getting harder to catch a sleep.  There are times that I sincerely prayed for something, committing all my strength to wait on it, believing  that I heard the Lord clearly with the confirmation of the Scripture. But there were days that doubts start rising, and not always in the mood to praise. Times when all of the sudden, I simply want to stop and tell God, " did

Ready or Not?

Perhaps you're wanting to start a new ministry, perhaps you're wanting to apply to another job or perhaps you wanted to get serious with someone you really like. Whatever it may be, there are seasons that God may tell us we are not ready but then later on, He will let us know when we are ready. These are my common realizations in the waiting as I traced God's way of telling me or encouraging me to do something new or start stepping into the unfamiliar place. If you're one of my closest, you know that I'm the type of person who won't do something if I know I'm not ready, or I didn't prepare myself for it. That's why I think carefully before writing this piece, because we have different personalities, levels of spiritual discernment, and of course God can speak to us in various ways. These realizations I share are based on my own experience, discernment, and meditation of The Word in connection of some events in the past where I strongly sensed God tel